Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to GlassRatner for fresh articles!
GlassRatner is often retained to assist in restructuring the capital make-up and balance sheet of a company. This process may include raising additional capital and arranging workouts with lenders and creditors. The goal of restructuring is to develop a capital structure for the business that is supported by its operating ability and asset mix. We also ensure that the financial structure is based on the future goals of management and other stakeholders.
We approach every restructuring opportunity by applying our practical experience and by conducting a sophisticated financial analysis. We also recommend and execute specific procedures that will reduce risks for creditors and support the success of restructuring plans. Additionally, our numerous borrower clients are always well served by our cooperative approach with lenders. Typical steps employed while advising borrowers include:
- Analyzing the borrower’s business plan
- Reviewing historical financial and operational information
- Analyzing the borrower’s cash flow projections
- Developing required financial reporting tools
- Monitoring results daily, weekly and monthly
- Comparing results to prior performance
- Comparing results to projections
- Investigating and assessing the value of critical collateral and other assets
- Preparing detailed financial analysis reports
- Preparing proposed restructuring plans
- Negotiating and executing restructured agreements with lenders
- Raising additional capital as required
We apply the same detailed and sophisticated financial analysis in our work with borrowers that we perform on our expert opinions and court reports. Our goals are to restore management’s credibility, develop attainable targets and deliver measurable results to all parties.