Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to GlassRatner Advisory & Capital Group LLC for fresh articles!
Bankruptcy & Restructuring
Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support
Corporate Finance & Valuation
- Chief Restructuring Officer of a classified print company in its transition to digital and negotiated on its behalf with the lender group.
- Financial Advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of a national theater chain.
- Financial Advisor to private equity funds regarding the internal restructuring of a niche magazine portfolio company.
- Financial Advisor to a distressed lifestyle magazine and multimedia concern. Sold the company in a Section 363 sale once it filed for Chapter 11.
- Interim CFO of a group of underperforming cable television franchises serving the Los Angeles market. Stabilized cash flow, significantly increased subscriber levels, and secured new franchise agreements.
- Provided turnaround management consulting services to a Pennsylvania-based newspaper.
- Financial Advisor to a group of lenders who financed a rural cable operator, including audit review, operational assessment and M&A oversight.
- Financial Advisor to the Debtor in the Chapter 11 of a large format digital printing company.
- Provided turnaround services to a large multi-division commercial printing company.
- Obtained and negotiated a retail distribution agreement with a major label on behalf of the owner of a children’s educational DVD series.
- Interim CFO for a group of fifteen companies in the music publishing, talent management, recording studio, and music production industries.
- Interim CFO for a producer and marketer of children’s animated filmed entertainment. Renegotiated terms and covenants of the Company’s senior credit facility.
- Financial Advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the chapter 11 of Value Music, a 100 location retail music store chain. Monitored and analyzed the Debtors’ operating performance, assessed the viability of a Plan of Reorganization, and investigated pre-petition transactions.
- Retained by finance company to conduct forensic accounting review of television and radio operator in the context of potential fraud.
- Provided financial analysis and forensic accounting services to a group of radio stations related to royalty audits.
- Performed royalty audits on behalf of several platinum selling recording artists.
- Provided forensic accounting and fraud investigation services for a major recording label related to revenue manipulation.
- Investment Banker managing the liquidation of a seven television station group to four separate buyers simultaneously for proceeds in excess of $100 million.
- Sell-Side Advisor to a specialty magazine focused on the alternative music industry.
- Sell-Side Advisor to the Berkshire Eagle in the sale of the Torington Register Citizen to The Journal Register Company.
- Sell-Side Advisor in the sale of a start-up Pittsburgh television station to Paramount Stations Group for $39 million based upon a pro forma DCF analysis.
- Sell-Side Advisor handling the sale of a poorly performing television group in default of its debt covenants to an in-market acquirer driven by a detailed pro forma analysis of potential cost savings.
- Investment Banker managing the auction process of a negative cash flow television property, generated multiple bids and closed at a price that was twice the seller’s expectation of sale proceeds.
- Sell-Side Advisor to a pop culture magazine. Negotiated the release of collateral and forgiveness of indebtedness resulting from equity deficiency from sale proceeds.
- Sell-Side Advisor to Orion Outdoor, an outdoor advertising company based in Sacramento. Prepared sale information memorandum, managed sale process and negotiated transaction with Lamar’s Outdoor Advertising.
- Sell-Side Advisor to Outdoor East in its sale to Lamar Outdoor Advertising for $60 million.
- Investment Banker to a cable television franchise in Southern California, including performing due diligence for acquisition.
- Investment Banker performing multiple valuations of cable systems for transaction and estate planning purposes.
- Investment Banker for the Clear Channel Communications Board of Directors in regard to the purchase of Paxson Communications radio station group for $629 million, including preparing the fairness opinion
- Investment Banker for multiple radio and television owners. Raised over $1.0 billion in debt and equity capital to purchase broadcast properties.
- Investment Banker for numerous television operators to finance acquisitions in that sector. Raised over $600 million in debt and equity capital.
- Investment Banker for multiple radio owners to purchase properties in order to expand. Raised over $300 million in debt and equity capital.
- Financial Advisor and Investment Banker to PNE Media, an outdoor advertising firm, raised approximately $200 million in debt and equity over a three year period to grow the company through a roll-up strategy into a dominant player in its markets.
- Investment Banker for lenders of a cable company facing a competitive overbuild situation. Performed a valuation.
- Buy-Side Advisor for Alloy, Inc., a media and marketing services company, to source and negotiate M&A opportunities, including analyzing and building alternative financing structures for Alloy Entertainment division.
- Buy-side Advisor to Advised Alloy, Inc. in its negotiations to acquire ArtistDirect, an online digital media entertainment company.
- Buy-side Advisor executing the acquisition of a $3 million catalog of song copyrights.
- Investment Banker on behalf of a group of recording studios and music production, publishing, promotion, and publicity companies. Structured, negotiated, and closed various credit facilities totaling approximately $25 million.
- Investment Banker on behalf of an entertainment company focused on music production, publishing, and distribution. Structured, negotiated, and closed a $25 million senior credit facility.
- Investment Banker for a specialty lender in connection with a loan made to a music and entertainment business, including performing due diligence.
- Investment Banker for lenders to a music programming channel that serves over 40 million subscribers, including performing a valuation.
- Investment Banker for Edwards, a 900-screen chain of movie theaters located in the west coast. Conducted an enterprise valuation in connection with its Chapter 11 restructuring.
- Investment Banker performing multiple valuation analyses of recording artists’ libraries.