Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to GlassRatner for fresh articles!
Last Updated: December 31, 2019
1. Collection of Your Information
2. Use, Sharing & Disclosure of Your Information
3. California Privacy Rights
4. Minors' Use of the Services
6. International Users
7. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
I. Collection of Your Information
A. Information you provide to us:
We and our service providers may collect information about you when you ask us to contact you, such as:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number;
- your company affiliation, job title, and related information;
- the nature of your request; and/or
- your email address.
In addition, if you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
We and our service providers may also collect information that you provide to us when you apply for a job, such as:
- your work history;
- your resume; and/or
- your academic background.
Please see Section II of this Policy to see how we use, share and disclose information you have provided to us.
B. Information we collect through your interaction with our Site:
We and our service providers may automatically collect information from your access device and browser, including:
- what type of browser you use;
- processor type;
- operating system; and
- IP address.
As you browse and interact with our Site, we and our service providers may automatically collect information related to your use of the Site, including:
- how often you visit the Site; and
- how you navigate and conduct searches on our Site.
Please see Section II of this Policy to see how we may use, share and disclose information we collect through your interaction with our Site or Services.
C. Information we receive from other parties:
We may collect information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources and our Affiliates or our partners, service providers or others, in order to update or supplement information we have collected directly from you. For example, we may use Google Analytics to measure and report statistics about your device, interests, location and interactions on the Site. An "Affiliate" is a company that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with GlassRatner.
D. Information collected through technological methods:
In addition, we may use, and may allow our service providers to use, technological methods such as cookies or web beacons to collect information about you. Cookies are small pieces of data that may be stored on your computer, mobile device, or other similar device and are used to make the Site easier to use and to analyze use of the site.
E. Retention of Information:
GlassRatner retains the information we collect for as long as necessary to (i) provide our services to you, (ii) comply with legal obligations, (iii) resolve disputes, and (iv) enforce our agreements.
Please see Sections II and III of this Policy to see how we use, share and disclose information collected through technological methods.
II. Use, Sharing & Disclosure of Your Information
A. How we use your information:
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including:
- to operate and improve the Site;
- to understand your use of the Site;
- to communicate with you;
- to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable; and
- to develop research reporting for us, our Affiliates and third party market research partners.
B. How we share your information:
We may share your information, including in some cases information that specifically identifies, relates to, or could be associated with you, directly or indirectly, ("personal information") such as your name, your email address, your physical address or telephone number, with Affiliates and trusted partners and service providers in ways including the following:
- to help operate the Site and Services;
- to facilitate fulfillment of a transaction or request; and
- to provide research reporting for us, our Affiliates and our service providers.
Examples of service providers may include providers who compile and analyze data collected by us (e.g., Google Analytics), service providers who supplement or match information we have collected with information from other parties, market research companies, website hosts, and email support vendors.
In addition, we may share information in the following circumstances:
- without notice, to law enforcement or government agencies in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process (including civil and criminal) or otherwise as required by law;
- in connection with the actual or potential sale of our business.
Please see Section I of this Policy to see the types of information we collect.
III. California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you can make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access - You can request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the categories of personal information sold (if applicable) or disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling (if applicable) the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, and/or the specific pieces of personal information collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion - You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
GlassRatner will not discriminate against you because you made any of these requests. California residents can make these requests online by emailing us at emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us toll-free at 888-259-0155.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent.
For purposes of these requests, please note the following regarding how we collect and use your personal information as described in this Policy:
- We collect and use the following categories of personal information as set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018: identifiers; personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code Â§ 1798.80(e); commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; and professional or employment-related information.
- We collect these categories of personal information from you, your devices, publicly available sources, our Affiliates, our service providers, and our business partners.
- We use these categories of personal information for our business and commercial purposes described in Section II of this Policy.
- We disclose these categories of personal information to our Affiliates, service providers, business and advertising partners, law enforcement, and potential acquirers of our business, as described in Section II of this Policy.
IV. Minors' Use of the Services
GlassRatner offers a general audience Site. This Site is not intended for children under the age of 16.
By using the Site or Services, you signify your acceptance to this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use any of the Site or Services. We reserve the right to make changes in this Policy at any time. Please check the Policy each time you use our Site or Services to ensure you are aware of any changes in our privacy practices. Your continued use of our Site or Services will signify your acceptance of the changes to this Policy. Notification of any material changes to this Policy will be posted on the GlassRatner home page.
If you have any questions about this Policy please contact us at:
GlassRatner Advisory & Capital Group, LLC
3445 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30326
V. International Users
VI. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
If you are a visitor from the European Union member state, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you. If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), such legitimate interests include: (i) improving our Site and Services; (ii) responding to inquiries from you; (iii) measuring and improving the effectiveness of our marketing activities; and (iv) transmitting data internally within our company for administrative purposes.