Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to GlassRatner for fresh articles!
Bankruptcy & Restructuring
Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support
Corporate Finance & Valuation
Real Estate & Construction Consulting
- Financial Advisor to a construction company that specialized in construction, design and furnishing of financial institution headquarters and branch office buildings.
- Financial Advisor to a Commercial Lender reviewing the construction, development and funding of a Mixed Use Community.
- Interim Chief Financial Officer and Financial Advisor for a construction supply company for five years.
- Financial Advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Building Materials Holding Corp. chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Financial Advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the HPG International chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Reviewed accounting and construction cost issues of the developer, and related party general contractor, for the lead institution of a participant bank group financing a $250 million mixed use project (condominium, apartment, commercial, retail and restaurant).
- Analyzed and quantified construction costs incurred by a minority contractor related to a multi-million dollar construction project for a major South Florida airport.
- Analyzed and summarized construction costs on a significant project for a major South Florida airport expert to determine if the General Contractor submitted draw requests consistent with other analysis.
- Reviewed and researched project budgets, collections/payments, change orders and buyouts to recalculate the amount of profit earned for a fraudulent conveyance lawsuit regarding a construction contract.
- Forensic accountant on behalf of a Caribbean Government related to the construction of an airport terminal.
- Forensic accountant on behalf of the City of Atlanta relating to the construction of one of the runways at Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport.
- Investigated accounting fraud and liquidated the assets of a distressed Southern California homebuilder.
- Provided calculation of lost profits and other damages for numerous construction defect claims when assisting Plaintiffs, as well as critiquing the reports and calculations of other experts when assisting Defendants, including:
- $200 million hospital construction project where lost profits claimed were $13 million.
- $150 million assisted living community where delay claim was $40 million.
- $40 million hotel construction project where delay claim was $2 million.
- Performed construction audit investigations of many building contractors.
- Provided expert witness services in numerous, diverse construction litigation disputes on behalf of both owners and construction companies.
- Due diligence for various types of construction, including single family, multi-family and commercial properties.
- Due diligence and valuation services for various construction projects.
- Corporate Finance Advisor to Weaber Lumber, a producer of architectural millwork.
- Owner’s representative and construction manager for a previously stabilized 155-unit apartment community in Baton Rouge, LA that was rendered uninhabitable after suffering substantial damage from unprecedented flooding. Scope of work includes addressing immediate life and safety needs, winding down tenancy and property operations, deploying a recovery firm, overseeing demolition and reconstruction while coordinating with flood and property insurers and adjusters. We will also oversee the property re-launch, lease-up and ongoing asset management.
- Receiver and Construction Manager in the rehabilitation of a hurricane-damaged New Orleans apartment complex in the post-Katrina environment where labor, supplies and materials were all difficult to obtain.
- Receiver and Construction Manager for a 100-year-old apartment complex with extensive damage from Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey. We rehabilitated the damaged and vacant property, obtained a new certificated of occupancy and got it fully leased and operationally stabilized ahead of disposition in a difficult permitting environment.
- Receiver for a 143-key partially completed Cambria Suites Hotel in College Park, Georgia. Initial scope included: determine general contractor’s ability to finish project; identify extent of mold contamination and recommend appropriate remediation protocol; determine cost to complete project; and identify issues with permits, architectural, and civil plans. Subsequently, we were hired to secure the site, perform a forensic audit of the FF&E and also serve as Construction Manager for the dry-in of the building and mold remediation.
- Receiver and Construction Manager for a variety of commercial assets (assisted living, retail, office and daycare) as well as numerous class C apartment complexes where we commissioned and managed significant water instruction and/or mold abatement projects including interior demolition (usually with asbestos containment) followed by property management and maintenance through disposition.
- Asset manager for various apartment communities and tasks include setting the scope and detailed oversight of significant capital improvement projects.