Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to GlassRatner Advisory & Capital Group LLC for fresh articles!
Hotel & Resorts
Hotels & Resorts Tabs
Bankruptcy & Restructuring
Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support
Corporate Finance & Valuation
Real Estate Services
- Financial Advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Sea Island Company bankruptcy.
- Trustee for a bank syndicate (the beneficiaries of a Trust) involving The Ritz-Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation, a 251-room AAA Five Diamond luxury hotel.
- Advised a private equity group on negotiating a debt restructure for The Elysian Hotel, a 188-room five star luxury hotel and residential condominium development in Chicago.
- Advised on and negotiated the restructuring of a fractional five-star luxury resort in Italy with over €75 million of debt and equity, including the infusion of additional capital. Retained to continue operational and financial oversight of the development.
- Financial Advisor to a Debtor who operated a Howard Johnson’s-flagged motel operation in its Chapter 11 proceeding to assist with reorganization consulting, financial feasibility projections and development of a Plan of Reorganization.
- Trustee of the Creditor Trust in In re Pacific Islandia, Inc., responsible for distributing creditor assets for a hotel/hospitality company upon emergence from Chapter 11.
- Financial Advisor to Tierra Rejada, a golf course property in Simi Valley, CA. Assisted the Debtors with financial analysis of its operations and Chapter 11 compliance.
- Retained by a Debtor who operated a hotel and gambling operation in Puerto Rico. Assisted with ongoing debtor in possession financial reporting requirements, reorganization consulting and development of a Plan of Reorganization.
- Financial Advisors to court-appointed receivers, debtors, secured lenders and bankruptcy trustees for numerous hotel operations, including services such as cash management and budgeting, financial reporting, plans of reorganization, liquidation analysis, solvency analysis, fraud investigations and other financial analysis.
- Operated several extended stay and budget hotels as Receiver on behalf of financial institutions.
- Conducted a comprehensive construction review and audit of a $900 million casino project for a major developer/operator of resort properties.
- Completed an audit of construction cost overruns to assess internal controls and decision-making for an owner-operator of a resort development.
- Evaluated the irregularities in construction financing for a $400 million branded luxury hotel/condo project, with 350+ hotel units and 170+ condo units in South Florida.
- Performed several confidential forensic investigations involving alleged embezzlement, fraudulent transfers, kickbacks and other financial and accounting improprieties in a hotel chain.
- Performed an internal investigation surrounding the financing and use of funds associated with the construction of a $245 million luxury condo-hotel project.
- Prepared a business interruption claim on behalf of the owners of a 700-room luxury hotel.
- Prepared a business interruption claim related to mold remediation associated with a 300-room mid market hotel.
- Financial Advisor on behalf of both claimants and insurance companies to calculate business interruption and extra expense claims for hotels.
- Prepared quantification of business interruption losses for hotels in the Caribbean, South and Central America.
- Analyzed a business interruption and extra expense claim for the Doral Golf Resort and Spa in Miami, Florida.
- Engaged in several litigation and business interruptions matters involving small-to-mid-size hotels ranging from 200 and 500 rooms.
- Litigation consultant (for the defense) in the calculation of lost profits to a hotel related to construction defect claim.
- Investment Banker for the acquisition of a hotel company and integration of a second hotel brand into existing corporate infrastructure, including acquiring and selling hotel assets as an officer of a hotel company.
- Investment Banker raising close to $200 million in equity capital in an IPO and follow-on offerings to fund hotel development as an officer of a hotel company.
- Investment Banker for hotel developments as a senior franchise officer and real estate development officer of two hotel companies, including identifying funding sources such as construction/mini-perm loans, government guaranteed financing through the SBA and USDA B&I programs, and long term fixed rate financing.
- Investment Banker and Financial Advisor for a private equity fund, including evaluating their bid to invest in a Latin American hotel company.
- Investment Banker for an investment company during offer and acquisition phase of a national hotel chain.
- Investment Banker for a potential investment in the IAC spinout of Interval, a leading time-share concern, including performing due diligence and providing valuation assessment.
- Investment Banker for the owners of a 700-room Westin hotel, including preparing detailed financial projections.
- Investment Banker for a timesharing organization, including valuing the equity interests and reconstructing the related party debt balances as a result of a shareholder dispute.
- Served as Receiver and post foreclosure manager on behalf of financial institutions for limited service and extended stay hotels, including Ramada, Super 8, Knights Inn, and Motel 6
- Oversaw the operation of Southern Host Hotels, part of the Sam Zell organization, owner and manager of more than 20 hotels around the country ranging from full service to limited service hotels. These properties were flagged as Sheraton, Best Western, Holiday Inn, and Ramada.
- Led hotel franchising organization including supervising sales and development, administration, design and construction, operations, and quality assurance functions.
- Retained by nationally recognized finance company to initially act as Receiver for a 143-key partially completed Cambria Suites Hotel in College Park, Georgia. Initial scope included: determine general contractors ability to finish project; identify extent of mold contamination and recommend appropriate remediation protocol; determine cost to complete project; and identify issues with permits, architectural, and civil plans. Subsequently, hired to secure the site, perform a forensic audit of the FF&E, construction manage the dry-in of the building and mold remediation, and asset manage the project.
- Led seminars for hotel developers covering project planning, site and market analysis, land acquisition and due diligence, and project costing as senior real estate development officer for U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc. – Microtel Inn & Suites and Hawthorn Inn & Suites hotels.
- Designed processes and procedures for tracking and reporting accounting transactions related to the golf courses, retail operations, hotels, and profit participations on land sales for a multi-hotel and resort development in Nevada.